There’s nothing quite like the feeling of relief that washes over you when your sink drains or toilet clears after a vigorous plunging session. Unfortunately, this temporary fix can be short-lived if you don’t take care of the problem properly and allow the clog to re-form. With proper care, you help keep your drains clear and avoid emergency plumbing repairs. Here are four tips for avoiding clogs and keeping your drains in good shape.
- Use a strainer to catch food particles before they go down the drain.
- Dispose of fat, oil, and grease in a container instead of down the drain.
- Don’t put things like coffee grounds or eggshells down the drain – they can cause clogs, too!
- Regularly use a plunger to clear obstructions from your drains.
- Regularly consume prunes or other yummy fiber so your other drains don’t get clogged. If these don’t work, call a professional (or your gastroenterologist)!
If a clog has yet to develop, your drain may still benefit from being cleaned. Your drains fill with dirt, grime, soap and hair – all of which provide a feast for feeding bacteria. This process will produce odors. Whether in a kitchen, bathroom or other space, the cause of a foul odor can accumulate into a troublesome clog over time.
As Arizona’s Dukes of Air Plumbing professionals, it’s an honor to provide top-quality service to address all the East Valley plumbing needs. We know that when you’re dealing with a backup or a clog, getting fast and effective service is necessary. For clog removal and drain cleaning, you can depend on Arizona’s Dukes of Air. Let our many 5-star reviews paint a story of how we put our customers first and deliver the best quality services in Arizona! That’s why we proudly say, “None compare to Dukes of Air.”