During this uncertain time, our customers’ health and well being is our highest priority. As we continue monitoring developments related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), rest assured, we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure our customers and employees are safe.
Recently, Homeland Security has listed HVAC/Air Conditioning Repair as an essential industry due to the close connection we share with the protection of public health. This is also true here in Arizona, where Governor Ducey listed HVAC/AC Repair businesses as essential, exempt from the recent order to close all non-essential businesses.
As we continue to operate during these advisories, please know that we will provide service to our customers in the best way possible while ensuring the safety of everyone involved. Our service is essential in preserving the health of our customers and protecting property. As such, we are going to modify our standard service by attempting to mitigate any Air Conditioning Unit issues from the outside of the home.
This means that we will do our best, through the steps mentioned below, to reduce/eliminate inside services over the next few weeks.
- Ensuring our team keeps a proper distance (6ft or more), wears disposable gloves if entering your home, and continues regular hand washing.
- If needed, our technicians have masks/respirators at their disposal.
- We are asking that employees and clients refrain from shaking hands and perhaps wave as a greeting.
- To limit contact exposure, we will not require you to sign anything on the handheld device at the time of service.
- We have asked all our employees to stay home and self-quarantine if they are feeling sick. Employees with a fever have been instructed to remain home and call their healthcare provider.
As a note, we are running on regular business hours at this time. Should you have concerns regarding our services, we’re here to support you and offer flexibility to reschedule at your convenience.
We encourage you to contact us at 480-773-6565 if you have questions or do wish to reschedule.
As the seriousness of this virus increases, all of our employees have been instructed to follow the CDC’s best practices, including frequent hand washing, limiting proximity to sick individuals, and being aware of symptoms.
While this has not been an issue for Dukes of Air yet, we will also implement 14-day quarantines for any employees who are diagnosed with COVID-19. We encourage you to do the same, so please review the most up-to-date information here.
Finally, our hearts go out to all those affected by Coronavirus. Please check back for regular updates from us as we navigate this evolving situation, and thank you for being a part of our Dukes of Air family.