Summer months in the East Valley, Mesa, Gilbert, and Phoenix metro area are always a scorcher. The last thing you need on one of the hottest days of the year is for your air conditioner to breakdown. One of the best ways to prevent this from happening in your home is to have your system serviced before the temperatures go up.
Why is Preventive Maintenance Needed?
Just like you would not drive your car for 100,000 miles without having its oil changed, your AC system needs preventive maintenance to keep it running smoothly. This maintenance should be performed by an experienced HVAC technician and includes:
- Inspecting both the indoor and outdoor components of your AC system
- Checking all electrical connections for tightness, scorching, or fraying
- Measuring refrigerant pressure and adding refrigerant as needed
- Cleaning dirty components
- Lubricating moving parts
- Cleaning or replacing air filters
- Checking condensate line and pan for clogs and leaks
- Measuring temperature of air coming from vents
- Making adjustments to or replacing components as needed
- Recommended any small repairs that might be needed
- Running through cooling cycle to ensure proper operation
The Benefits of AC Maintenance
The most obvious benefit of AC maintenance is that your air conditioner will be ready for use when you need it. However, having a routine tune-up helps keep your AC running efficiently. A system that runs smoothly uses less energy, which also helps save money on your electric bill. Regular maintenance helps your system reach or exceed its expected lifespan and is usually required to keep a manufacturer’s warranty in effect.
Keep Your Cool this Summer!
The cost of air conditioning maintenance for your Phoenix home is a small price to pay to keep your family comfortable. You can depend on our team of cooling experts to help you keep your cool this summer. And if your AC does need a repair this summer, we are just a phone call or a click away.